More than 11 lakh aspirants for approximately 63,000 medical seats. The competition is as tough as it can get. So if you are a dedicated student, getting good scores but still not sure whether you will get to study MBBS in India, MBBS in Philippines might be your answer to good medical education.
So let’s find out why is Philippines becoming the ultimate destination for MBBS studies amongst Indians:
1. Gateway to USA
- Medical education pattern in Philippines is similar to that followed in USA. Pre-Medical program followed by Proper Medicine program.
- The training provided at the top medical schools in Philippines is remarkable and helps medicos in attempting USMLE effectively.
- Hence Indian students interested to pursue residency programs in USA should study medicine in Philippines as they can get access to quality education at affordable cost.
2. 3rd Largest English Speaking Country
- Philippines is the 3rd largest English speaking country in the World.
- Hence Indian students planning to pursue MBBS in English medium find it comfortable to learn their medical curriculum well.
- Unlike MBBS in Russia, Ukraine, China, Georgia, where it is mandatory to learn the national language like Russian, Ukrainian, Mandarin, Georgian for interacting with locals as well as patients during clinical practice, in Philippines English is enough as it is widely spoken by almost 98% of the population.
3. Comfortable Climate for Indians
- Philippines is a tropical country and climate is similar to that in India.
- The overall climate cycle in Philippines is Dry season and Wet season. The dry season starts in late November and ends in May. The rainy seasons starts in June and lasts till October.
- Overall Indian students studying in Philippines find the climate comfortable to live.
4. Indian Food
- Any foreign student studying abroad miss their home cooked food and their local cuisine.
- Well its good news for Indian students that Indian food is available at Indian mess in many universities and colleges.
- There are many restaurants and Tiffin services rendered by private vendors who provide door step service to Indian students.
- Though there might be a compromise in taste and quality as compared to home cooked food, but nonetheless something is better than nothing.
- If you decide to study MBBS in Philippines, it is important that you choose the best medical colleges else you may end up compromising on your education. Most of the medical schools offering MBBS for international students are private run, so be careful in choosing the one suitable for you. We have listed below the top 5 medical schools in Philippines.