Philippines was colony of Spain for more than 300 years and then became a colony of USA for 50 years during the Industrial Revolution. During this time, USA designed Philippines education system similar to their system. The medical course in the Philippines is called the MD (Doctor of Medicine) comparable to that of the USA.
MD Degree Recognition:
Highly advanced and modern American system of education. Very simple and easy admission procedure for MBBS in Philippines for Indian students. Duration of MBBS is 4 years in Top Medical Universities of Philippines. MBBS is called MD in Philippines. Doctor of Medicine (MD) is similar to doing MBBS degree from Commonwealth countries such as India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh. MD course in the Philippines is recognized by World Health Organization and Medical Council of India.”MBBS course in Philippines is reasonably priced and affordable. Excellent exposure to patients during clinical training in MBBS in Philippines. No requirement of IELTS or TOEFL scores for MBBS Admission in Philippines. Admission in MBBS without any donation. Indian students get a chance to get free coaching for USMLE. Highest paid jobs for Indian students after completing MBBS in Philippines.
The Philippines holds simple eligibility criteria for Indian students. Scoring higher secondary examination with 65% is the only eligibility criteria. Students from India who want to pursue MBBS courses initially required admission in a pre-medical course and once the course is completed, they can apply for the admission in a medical college. The pre-medical course mainly covers Biology, Psychology, Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, Nursing and Medicinal Technology. After completion of this course, students can enroll in any of the top Medical Universities in the Philippines.
Duration of Medical Course:
The total duration of this MBBS course is 5 years for students who have been educated till 12th with a background in science. The first 12 months focuses on building the foundation for a strong medical education and is called the Bachelor of Science program. The next four years is the core medicine and clinical rotation. Towards the end of the program, students will also undergo clinical rotations, in which they will be attached to selected hospital departments and treat patients under the guidance and supervision of an experienced and presently practicing doctor.
What are opportunities after MBBS?
MBBS in Philippines is a key to unlock varied doors of opportunity and prosperity. An MBBS degree from Philippines opens door of every country to evolve a flourishing career.
- You can enroll for post graduation or hospital management courses
- You can opt for clinical research jobs or start for clinical practice
- Staying Philippines and work in the same country by cracking the licensure exam.
- Stay in Philippines and enroll in masters, master of health service, master of administration or master of public health.
- You can switch back to India and start working as practitioner by cracking the MCI screening test.
- You can migrate to USA and start working as a practitioner by cracking the ECFMG certification and USMLE examination
- Likewise, you can migrate to Canada or Australia and start working as a practitioner by cracking the Canadian & Australia Medical Council licensing and State registration exam.