MBBS is a dream for every students and Parents, also studying MBBS in abroad is very high expectations for everyone. The popular country options for MBBS abroad includes: Russia, China, Georgia, Philippines, British Guyana, Caribbean Islands, different EU countries, UK, Australia, USA (for MD), Canada (for MD), our neighboring countries like Bangladesh and Nepal.
Study in Philippines:
- This country is most popular due to the American format of teaching medicine.
- The MBBS degree of Philippines is recognized by every major country, that offers you great career opportunity of working in the US, Canada, Australia and other developed countries without any bridging course.
- If you are planning to migrate to US, you can take the USMLE parts I and II in Philippines only under the guidance of medical professors.
- It’s also one of the countries having the highest ratio of Indians clearing the MCI screening test as the schools prepare students for the MCI screening test.
- The MCI list of foreign universities lists 39 medical schools of Philippines as compared to UK(8), Germany(3), Romania(8), Ukraine(27), USA(34), Poland (6), Canada (2), Australia(1), New Zealand(1), positioned second to Russia (106).
- Professors in the Philippines Medical schools are from different countries (like, USA, Germany, and India etc.) and well experienced in their respective fields.
- Philippines medical colleges are regulated by the Philippines ministry of education; the government control is very strict.
- English being the main language adds to the advantage of studying there. You can easily communicate with patient and a local as the Philippines is the 3rd largest English speaking country where almost 94% of Filipinos speak English.
- Moreover, as the country is 12th most populated country in the world, you will have greater opportunity to practice with a varied and large number of patients’ cases during your study period.
- Philippines embassy is very liberal, that means it is easy to obtain a student visa and quick processing of documentation, and the total process can be completed from Kolkata itself.
Study in Europe:
The diverse continent, Europe, especially East Europe with the Universities of Medicine in Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary, Poland and Check Republic, Universities of Medicine in Ukraine, Russia and Georgia are very approachable. But for mbbs in europe for indian students, though the study is majorly delivered in English, but for scholarships and internship year it is advisable to learn the local language. Even in EU countries study cost in English and their native language varies a lot. Most popular among the EU countries is Ukraine and Russia.
Study in Caribbean:
Study medicine in Caribbean has become attractive for international medical students for study MBBS in abroad. The Caribbean Medical Schools has some advantages like favorable admission criteria and process, reasonable tuition fees, English language programs, tropical environment. The Caribbean medical universities are affiliated with numerous teaching hospitals in USA, Canada. It gives students the opportunity to participate in the bridging programmes for doing the clinical rotations throughout the United States or Canada. Moreover the medical schools provides the USMLE training; Physicians with an MBBS (as per UK education system) or MD (as per USA education system), i.e people who are awarded a first professional qualification in medicine are required to pass this examination before being permitted to practice medicine in the United States. Therefore, students have the opportunities to practice in Caribbean and outside during their clinical studies, which give them more advantage in residency applications and when they become physicians in USA or Canada.
Study in China:
Another popular destination is study medicine in China, but for last few years and Chinese Government is reducing the seats for Indian students, the admission is becoming very competitive. You need to learn Chinese language also. The MCI website must enlist the medical school in the Chinese Medical Institutions admitting International Students for the concerned Academic Year, which is publish every year.