There are several factors to keep in perspective while choosing the University Abroad for Medical Studies.
The students who pursue medicine in abroad must complete their screening test conduct by Medical Council of India (MCI) before they start Medical practicing in India. Only less than 5% of students from these countries clear their local medical council exams and the rest 95% of students and their future will be a big “?
English Speaking Country:
Exposure in terms of clinical practice will be a biggest challenge as most of these countries have less than 8% of English speaking population – interaction with the patients will be really challenging task which plays a critical role in exposure while they study.
How to select a Medical university in Abroad?
- A university Registered in the local country of presence
- A university with good infrastructure and lab facilities
- A university with highest level of reputation and student satisfaction
- A university with in-house hospital facility or at least tie-up with good hospital for clinical rotation
- A university which has history of students clearing medical council of the country when the students graduate and head back home
- A university which has good hostel facilities and food cuisine of various countries
- A safe and secured environment for peaceful learning
- A country with good chill-out places for weekend outing from routine studies
Few other advantages can be considered while planning to study MBBS abroad, which include:
- Medical Colleges in Nepal,philippines,China, etc. have Indian teaching faculty
- Indian students are found in most the medical colleges abroad
- MBBS course curriculum in most of the MBBS colleges abroad is very similar to that of India. For example, MBBS in Nepal has course curriculum similar to India
- Asian food is easily available
- English is the language of instruction
- Some countries like Nepal admit foreign students, based on the score obtained in the entrance test conducted by different medical universities in Nepal, whereas most of the medical colleges abroad admit students based on their score/marks in 12th Std. or equivalent examination. Therefore, choosing to study MBBS abroad is never a wrong decision.
- Excellent practical training on diseases that are very common in India