DUBAI STUDENT VISA:
In UAE educational system there are several training Institutes that offer professional qualification and training programs in various fields. Each institution has its own objective, structure, and admission requirements.
Apart from a few governmental universities and colleges in UAE where admission is restricted to nationals only, there are several private institutions where enrolment is open to any student who meets the admission requirements. Student visas are provided by all colleges and universities and also a few training institutes. Prior to issuance of visa all formalities need to be completed as per the university chosen.
Students attending a tertiary level university, college or institute: Educator-sponsored Dubai study visa. Full-time students can be sponsored by their educational institution if the institution is eligible. This allows them to obtain a UAE study visa for the duration of their course.Student Residence Visas are normally only valid for 1 year at a time, renewed each year during the study program.
- Passport with at least 6 months validity, the passport must have two blank visa pages (one to endorse the visa and one for entry stamps)
- Passport copies (about 4).
- Photographs (about 12)
- Passport copies (about 2 copies)
- Upon arrival, passport copies with entry visa to the UAE (about 3 copies)
- Evidence of acceptance to a UAE tertiary institute (offer letter)
- Possibly bank statements showing evidence of funds in the UAE
- Possibly a tenancy agreement (or letter from university if staying in university accommodation)
- Copy of tuition fee receipt for the current study year of the program
- Copy of visa fees receipt for the current study year of the program
- Post-graduate students will need to have their undergraduate degree attested
Students from some countries will undergo a security check to avoid any threat to UAE security.
A blood test and chest X-ray at an authorized UAE medical center (allow AED 350-500) will normally be required to check for HIV (AIDS), Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, Tuberculosis (TB), Leprosy, and Syphilis. If results comes positive for any of those conditions, the person is deported, except for syphilis which is treated, but this may change, check with UAE immigration department and UAE Ministry of Health or with our Visa experts.
STUDENT RESIDENCE VISA FEES:
Student Visa Fees and renewal fees vary for a one-year visa between universities, colleges and institutions. Some universities, colleges and institutions may require a refundable visa deposit. There might also be differences in fees between different emirates.
There are also differences depending on if the university is located in a UAE education free zone such as Dubai Academic City or Knowledge Village, or not. Please check with Global Opportunities for up-to-date information.
If a student stays out of the UAE for longer than six months, their student residence visa becomes invalid and they will be denied entry to the UAE until it is cancelled. Usually the sponsor will report the visa holder to the immigration authorities.
- Visas normally take 2-5 weeks to process once all the correct documentation has been supplied.
- Express visas take 1-3 weeks to process.
- Cancellation of visa normally takes 1-3 weeks, express cancellation takes 1-2 weeks.