- Why International Students Choose Malaysia?
- Understanding Malaysia Qualifications
- List of Universities & Colleges in Malaysia
- Courses Offered
- Fee Structure (Course Fee & Living Expenses)
Requirements to Apply for a Malaysian Student Visa:
- Student visa application form, completed and signed by the applicant. )
- Offer letter from your chosen educational institution approved by the pass & permit division in the Immigration Headquarters of Malaysia.
- Two passport sized photographs
- Two photocopies of your Passport
- Academic transcript(s) of records
- Proof of full-time course of study approved by the Minister of Home Affairs
- Proof of financial capability to meet course and other expenses
- Health certificate
- Evidence of security and personal bond
- Students have to show their approval letters upon arrival
Steps in Applying for a Student Visa:
The Malaysian government has made the process of the application of student visa and pass easy for anyone who wants to study in the country, as you do not have to contact your local Embassy of Malaysia no more. The steps are as follows:
Step 1. Contact the institution directly.
Apply for a student pass from your chosen institution and no longer via the Immigration Department. Follow the special application requirements as indicated by the institution. Then, your application will be submitted by the educational institution to the Director of Pass & Permit Division of Malaysia.
Note that your passport must be valid for more than 1 year. If it is shorter than that period, your pass will not be processed.
Step 2. Wait for the confirmation of acceptance
Prospective students 3Department and be delivered to the institution upon your acceptance. The institution will then send this approval letter to you.
Step 5. Inform the institution
Before you go to Malaysia, you must inform the institution about your airport location, flight number, and arrival date and time. A representative from the institution will greet you at the immigration check-point at the Malaysian airport upon your arrival. Next, your visa will be issued to you via an endorsement on your valid national passport.
Step 6. Wait for your Student Pass sticker
Within 2 weeks, your passport will be submitted to the Immigration Department and a student pass sticker will be affixed to it.
Student Visa and Pass Fees:
The fees depend on the country
Finally, once you have completed all the steps, you are now officially enrolled in and ready to study at your chosen Malaysian institution.