You can see how costly it is to study in US, UK or Canada, getting admission in these countries is very tough and you will either have to study another year after completing class 12 and give exams such as MCAT (for the US) or IELTS (for the UK).
There is no direct admission in these countries and it will cost you around ₹1.5 crore to ₹3 crore in these countries to complete your MBBS. You can get direct admission for MBBS in Philippines and complete your education within ₹25 lakh.
About The Philippines
The capital city of the Philippines is Manila. English and Filipino are the two official languages of the Philippines. The Philippines is a democracy with a presidential system. The approximate area of the Philippines is 3,00,000 square kilometers and it has a population of 100 million.
The Philippines has a tropical maritime climate which is similar to the weather of Mumbai. It has three main seasons-
- Summer season from March to May,
- Rainy season from June to November
- Winter season from December to February.
Temperatures usually range from 21 °C to 32 °C although it can get cooler or hotter depending on the season. The average yearly temperature is around 26.6 °C. The coolest month is January; the warmest is May. Because of the similarity of weather in the two countries, Indian students do not feel any problem whatsoever in adjusting to a new country. This is a major advantage over European countries where the weather goes to as low as -30 °C.
Structure of MBBS in Philippines
The entire duration of MBBS course is 5 and half years for students who have completed class 12 with a background in science. The first 16 months will have a complete focus on building the foundation for a strong medical education and is called the Bachelor of Science program. From 2nd year onwards the focus will be on core training in medicine and clinical rotation. Towards the end of the program, students will also undergo clinical rotations. Most of the medical universities in Philippines have their own hospitals within their campus in to which the students will be attached and treat patients under the guidance and supervision of an experienced and presently practicing doctor.
ADVANTAGES OF STUDYING MEDICAL (MBBS) IN PHILIPPINES:
- 1.Philippines is the world’s third largest English-speaking country with a finest English literacy rate in Asia. The mode of instruction in all levels of education is English which is the widely-used language for business, education, communication and trade.
- It has a tropical weather with a disease pattern comparable to India
- Qualification Recognized by Medical Council of India (MCI): The accreditation with MCI identifies the MBBS holder from India and an MD holder from Philippines at the same level.
- Global recognition and approval of the degree. Top quality clinical education as recognized by World Health Organization (WHO), IMED of ECFMG- USA, MCI, FAIMER, USMLE and other similar bodies.
- Integrated problem-based training approach giving future clinical physicians a much better exposure even before they have begun their practice.
- Modern-day training techniques with first-rate facilities and furnished with the well-established infrastructure
- Option to start working on preparation for the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) to study Post Graduate Degrees.
- Outstanding boarding and lodging offered by the university. Individual Hostel for both boys and girls. Availability of Indian food for students.
- Worldwide exposure by practicing along with different nationalities.
- 5.5 years for degree completion.
- Asian country with close proximity to India
- Very easy accessibility with numerous daily flights
- 13.Extensive Syllabus and curriculum identical as in India
- Economical expense of education
- Great hands on practice experience
- Excellent student-patient ratio