Foreign students who have a valid Canada study permit, and are enrolled in a Canadian educational institution, have many different options when it comes to working in Canada. Not all jobs will require students to get a work permit. Most off-campus jobs do require a work permit, though some are subject to certain work permit.
Below is a list of Canada work permit options for students:
1. On-Campus Work Permit Exemption: Full-time foreign students with a valid Canada study permit seeking to work on campus do not require a Canadian work permit.
2. Off-Campus Work Permits:Foreign students studying full time on a valid Canada study permit may be authorized to work off-campus if their school participates in an off-campus work permit program through Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).
3. Co-op Programs & Internship Work Permits: Foreign students who are studying in a program that requires work experience such as through a co-op or internship program.
4. Post-Graduate Work Permits: Foreign students who have graduated from an academic program in Canada which lasted a minimum of eight months, they may qualify for a Post-Graduate Work Permit. Generally, the Canada work permit will be valid for the same duration as your Canada study permit was.
5. Work Permits for the Spouse of a Foreign Student: A spouse accompanying a foreign student on a valid Canada study permit is also entitled to a Canadian study permit or an open work permit, which does not require a job offer or Labour Market Opinion.
Benefits to study Higher Education in Canada:
English and French are the official languages of Canada. After the arrival of number of students and immigrants to Canada it has become a multilingual country with many languages, religions and culture. Students will be surrounded by a number of people speaking different languages and it will be great exposure for the students to learn those languages. Even though it is mixed society there won’t be any problems of race and colour.>
Values and Culture:
Canada has become a home for a number of students who come for their higher education. Students forget the thought that they are away from their home and they feel like they are in their home country. Old immigrants and people will be very helpful for the new immigrants arriving in Canada for higher education. People respect each other with a smile whether you know them or not. Canada ensures that people’s customs and traditions are preserved, also the value and dignity of people are respected.>
During studies students are permitted to take up part time jobs both on campus and off campus. No work permit is needed to work on campus and students are allowed to work upto 20 hours / week. There are number of part time jobs available off campus like jobs in Hotels, hostels, general labor, Tutor etc. After graduation there are vast number of employment opportunities related to the technical domain. Students with knowledge and skills get placed easily in top companies with their dream job. Job prospects are strong for international students.
Care and Safety:
The Government and Universities plays an important role for the safety of students inside the university and across the country. Starting from health care to security, necessary measures will be taken to keep students safe. Students enjoy all sorts of freedom and government ensures protection with respect to human rights, equality that help the society to be peaceful. Medical insurance is very inexpensive in almost every hospital in Canada.