The Malaysian education system is one of the best education systems in the world with modern technologies and facilities. The Medical stream is highly developed in Malaysia and a student’s first choice to study MBBS in an Asian country will be Malaysia. The students who like to study MBBS abroad then Malaysia is the best option for your MBBS studies.
The implementation of NEET as eligibility for the MBBS admission in India and students are provided admissions in Indian medical college on the basis of marks obtained in the NEET examination. A large number of Indian students who wish to study MBBS in India are not able to get admission in the Indian medical colleges.
The only option for Indian students who are not able to obtain high marks in NEET examination is to study in a foreign country. Most of the south Indians opts to study MBBS in Malaysia. Malaysia is like a second home for south Indians. Tamil is also an official language of Malaysia so a good number of students from Tamil Nadu study their MBBS in Malaysia.
The duration of a medical degree in Malaysia is 5 years which includes first two years of theoretical and the last three years clinical practice under specialist supervision. The fee structure in Malaysian universities for MBBS degree starts from 70 lakhs INR for whole five years.
The Universities which provides MBBS or MD education and are affiliated with MQA (Malaysian Qualifying Authority), WHO (World Health Organisation) WDOMS ( world directory of medical schools, FAIMER (The Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research), WFME ( World federation of Medical Education) are listed below.
- Lincoln University College.
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia Medical Centre
- Universiti Sains Malaysia School of Medical Science
- University Malaya Medical Centre
- International Medical University
- Universiti Putra Malaysia Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences.
- Universiti Malaysia Sarawak Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
- International Islamic University Malaysia Kulliyyah of Medicine
- Penang Medical College
- Universiti Kuala Lumpur Royal College Medicine of Perak
- Melaka Manipal Medical College Faculty of Medicine
- Universiti Malaysia Sabah School of Medicine
- Universiti Teknologi MARA Faculty of Medicine
- Monash University School of Medicine and Health Sciences
- Allianze University College of Medical Sciences
- UCSI University Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
- Cyberjaya University College of Medical Science Faculty of Medicine
- Management & Science University International Medical School
- SEGi University Faculty of Medicine
- MAHSA University College Faculty of Medicine
- Quest International University Perak Faculty of Medicine
- Widad University College
- Taylor’s University School of Medicine
- Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences (FMHS)
- Perdana University Graduate School of Medicine