In India, there are many students who aspire to pursue MBBS. But for many students, this dream remains unfulfilled. The main reason is the less number of Government Medical College seats and high competition for those seats. Coming to the private colleges, the fees is too much to bear for middle class families. Leave that fees part aside, the quality of the course and the amenities provided for MBBS students in India is also limited. So, why not pursue MBBS abroad? Here, I’ll share with you some important tips and aspects associated with studying MBBS abroad in countries like China, UK, Russia, Australia, USA, Canada, Philippines etc.
Advantages of Studying MBBS in Abroad:
The main advantage is the availability of plenty of seats. In case of many Universities abroad, the seats for MBBS course often go untaken. Blame it on the low student ratio and high availability of seats in Universities.
The course taught there is up to date and the most advanced one. The practical training, the apparatus, amenities etc are top notch and state of the art ones. Further, there is good International exposure, which is an added advantage.
Then comes the job part. In most of the cases of students studying Medicine abroad, they take up jobs in those developed countries itself! Many students see this opportunity as a life changing one. These are some of the most appealing advantages of studying medicine abroad for Indian students.
Entrance Test for MBBS
There are many foreign Universities that admit Indian students without taking any entrance test and all. In some cases, this activity is suspicious. But it is not so in all cases.
In case of most reputed foreign Universities, they take an entrance test before admitting foreign students into MBBS courses. The same rule applies for students from India.
Things to do while Selecting Universities
There are some basic things and criteria which you need to check while selecting a foreign University. The main thing that needs to be checked is the University rank, medium of teaching, Infrastructure, faculty quality etc.
Select the Country to study MBBS Abroad.
Now once you have finalized the best MBBS Abroad education consultant, it is time to decide, which country would suit you the most. There are many parameters for selection of the country such as:
- Decide your tentative budget to study MBBS in abroad at low (affordable) cost.
- Check for the education system and duration of MBBS/MD there.
- Climatic conditions and facilities for that.
- Language learning requirements.
- Do they conduct entire course in English or it is Bilingual.
- Safety aspect while studying MBBS abroad for Indian students.
- Country and its residents should be foreigners and student friendly and also the mentality of them in general.
- Always look for the INDIAN EMBASSY in that state.
- Cultural difference for the students.
- Population in the city / nearby city for higher patients flow.
- Living Cost in the country while studying MBBS in abroad for Indian students.
- Never get deceived by the number of INDIANS studying in that country as it can’t be the sole reason to analyse the quality of the education.