The medical education in Philippines is widely getting popular among the students of Asia mostly Indian students. The Philippines medical courses is provided and accredited by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED). The major degree offered in a medical college in the Philippines is Doctor of Medicine (MD) which is provided as per the American system of education.
The duration for MD degree in the Philippines is usually 4 years. After completion of their degree students should have to take their licensure exams to practice as doctors in the Philippines. The educational pattern is basically 10+4 system. After their 10th-grade students will have to study any one of the B.s degree or pre-medical course for 4 years in the Philippines. The B.s degree is available in various majors such as biology, psychology, pharmacy, medical technology, biochemistry, microbiology, nursing, and physical therapy.
These pre-medical courses are taken by the students to develop a strong foundation for their MD course. The medical education in the Philippines costs less with no donation. The tuition fee will not be more than 8 lakhs per annum for students. Upon completing their pre-medical courses students will have to apply for NMAT exams.
NMAT exams are the eligibility exams conducted by the Philippines to get admission to medical colleges. These exams will be conducted twice a year to prove their ability to join medical courses. Later on completing the degree programs students will have to take the licensure exams. These exams are controlled by the professional regulatory commission of the Philippines.
After completing the graduates are known as the medical practitioner. Later students can join any desired graduate courses in medicine of any specialization.
Eligibility to apply for MBBS in Philippines?
- The student must be a citizen of India.
- Overseas Citizens of India are eligible to apply for MBBS courses only after the production of proof of registration.
- Students should pass in all subjects of 10,12th/HSC conducted by any board recognized by India in the same attempt.
- For Other Communities, Backward Class and Most Backward Class
- Minimum of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology
- Pass in English
- For Schedule /Reserved Category
- Minimum of 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology
- Pass in English
- Students should be above 17 years of age as of 31st
- Students who took science group in their 12th grade are eligible to apply for the course.