Medical Education system in Philippines:
Philippines Universities are the world’s most affordable & cost effective, according to a recently published global comparative study on affordability and accessibility in higher education. Philippines have one of the best medical education systems in Asia. It is one of the best places for students to study completely in English at affordable prices with high quality education & world class technologies.
The education system of Philippines is just so fantastic that Philippines sends thousands of doctors and engineers to work in USA, UK, Middle East etc along with other professionals. Philippines follow the American system of education. The medical course in Philippines is called the MD program [Doctor of medicine]. This is similar to that of USA, Russia, Ukraine and rest of Europe. The MD program is equivalent to MBBS of UK, India, Pakistan and other Commonwealth countries.
Studying medicine in Philippines is one of the fantastic opportunities available for students. Philippines is the third largest English speaking country in the world. This gives an opportunity for students to study various programs in Philippines. Philippines follow the American system of education and hence students can also get credit transfer options to study medicine in USA, or to study medicine in Caribbean regions too.
Hundreds of International students are now studying at Philippines because of its enormous opportunities & possibility of doing Internship in USA, Singapore, Norway and other countries.
What is BS medical degree Program in Philippines?
In Philippines the present education system for their nationals is 10 + 4 where the school education finishes after class 10 and is followed by a BS course for 4 years which is a degree course. After completion of 14 years they are admitted to MD course if he/she wishes to pursue medicine.
An Indian student who has studied in India under the 10+2 system and wishes to study MBBS in Philippines therefore needs to do the BS course before enrolling for MD. However, some additional credits for the BS course are given for +2 which the Indian student has done and the remaining credits of the BS course have to be obtained during the three semesters before he is granted a BS degree. Thereafter he is eligible for MD course.
In short, an Indian student does a BS + MD course of 1.5-2 yrs approx. and 4 years respectively. The system is expected to ease out in the coming years as Philippines is also switching over to 10+2 system.
Why study Medicine in Philippines?
- Philippines is the world’s 3rd Largest English speaking nation, The Philippines provides huge knowledge resources, up-to-date instruction and a multicultural learning atmosphere with its 94% literacy rate. Philippines is home to a number of ISO certified universities & 280+ higher educational institutions identified as Centers of Excellence & Centers of Development.
- The student wont have to waste time in learning any tough foreign language, which they have to do in China, Russia and Ukraine.
- Universities are recognized by MCI, BMDC, MMC, NMC, PMDC and other medical councils.
- Advance American Education System.
- Universities of Philippines offer world’s class medical education at affordable fees with best facilities & infrastructure. Fees are not only low, it can be paid in 2 instalments in a single year.
- Medical education of Philippines is recognized by World Health Organization (WHO), IMED, MCI.
- Medical & Nursing education geared towards Employment in USA/ UK and easy to pass USMLE [Medical], CGFNS, NCLEX (Nursing).
- Assessments at Philippines’s Universities are rigorous so it becomes easy to pass local licensing exams like USLME, PLAB- UK, AMC-Australia, Screening test- India, PMDC- Pakistan etc. and other board exams.
- American Style PBL Curriculum so Eligible to sit for USMLE.
- The education system is just so fantastic that Philippines send hundreds of doctors to work in USA, UK and Middle East etc. every year.
- Philippines is our friendly Asian country only, so traveling is easy and cheap & Indian Foods are also available in all Philippines’s Medical Universities mess.
- Safe & Secure living Atmosphere. General Filipinos are total friendly in nature plus no communication gap with them, since most of them know English very well.