Philippines is also rising as one of the top places for providing high quality medical education, at par with the degrees awarded by the universities of the U.S.A and the U.K. Students get the degree of Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) which is equivalent to that of the M.B.B.S of any university in the U.S.A or the U.K. The five year professional course enables students to learn both practical aspect of medicine as well as the theoretical side of it, gearing them up for licensure exam for doctors in the country.
The biggest advantage that the medical courses of Philippines offer is their cheap rates as compared to the same degrees in other countries such as Ukraine, Russia, etc. English and Filipino are the two major languages spoken in Philippines and in the urban areas, it is the former which is massively used. All educational institutions, particularly the medical schools impart education through the English language. This makes it equally comfortable for someone arriving from the U.K. to someone arriving from India.
The degrees offered by the medical schools in Philippines are recognized by international bodies such as the WHO, ECFMG, USA and IMED, making it a profitable and worthwhile venture for students. The medical institutions of the country are among the top 200 institutes of the whole of Asia and have the friendliest and helpful staff and the latest technology required in teaching medicine. The system and pattern of education followed in these universities is based on the U.S. model of teaching thus ensuring an advanced and scientific way .
Those interested in pursuing higher education in the medical sciences can also get easy opportunities to study elsewhere such as in the U.K., Canada, U.S.A. and others once they complete their education in the Philippines. On completing their MD course here, students can also apply for doctors’ licensure exams, work as interns or start practising in the country itself. They can also return to their own countries and start practicing as MBBS graduates or pursue higher education. Philippines is a fast developing, globalised country where everyone finds it easy to fit in.
The climate is tropical and the beaches are the most attractive places for holidays. There is the widespread presence of international brands and one can find everything he or she needs in most areas, especially in urban conglomerates such as Metro Manila or even smaller places like Cebu. The cities and towns are equipped with all the latest amenities of transportation, leisure and luxury, healthcare and more. Located at little distances away are natural locales which offer serene beauty to the sore eyes during weekends and longer holidays.
Benefits of Studying In Philippines
- All medical programs are for 5 years
- Medium of instruction – English
- All universities are approved by WHO
- All universities are approved by MCI
- Students need not qualify at IELTS or TOEFL
- Cost of living is low
- Low tuition fees for MBBS in Abroad
- Availability of Indian cuisine
- Academic curriculum is in accordance with global standards
- Literacy rate in the country is the highest in the world, that is 90%
- By virtue of being the 3rd largest English speaking country of the world, it does not pose any language barriers to newcomers
- Students are guided to prepare for USMLE, PLAB , MCI screening tests
- Students who complete their education from Philippines are known to have the highest record of successfully completing the MCI tests
- Friendly and safe environment
- Lodging facilities for girls and boys is separate
- The number of Indian students exceeds 15,000
- Exposure to an international environment, culture and education system
- India-like climatic conditions make it easy for students to adjust
- Philippines is considered one’s entry path to Canada, U.S.A. and the U.K.